Monday, November 25, 2013

Training Week 10

I cannot believe that training week 10 is over! That means there are less than two weeks left until race day! Two weeks from now I'll be writing a post about the race, telling you guys all how it went. It still seems pretty surreal that I set this goal to run 13.1 miles and now I'm actually on the brink of really doing it!! Seriously, looking back to this day and this day, it is hard to believe the time is almost here. The final week of training cuts WAY back since I'm supposed to rest in preparation for the race, so really all I've got left is one real week of training and then the actual race itself. Geez!! Ok, so here's the weekly recap:

Monday: Trainer appointment. My hubs worked out with me, which was fun.

Tuesday: 5 mile run. It was a good one! My time was 1:01.

Wednesday: 3 mile run. 36:21. I honestly can't remember how I was feeling, all these runs starts to blur together in my mind, but at least I know my time thanks to my handy dandy app.

Thursday: 5 mile run. I really just wanted to eat Mexican food on Thursday so the fact that I did anything at all should be applauded. I didn't run 5 miles, but I did run 3, and I did a really good ab workout.

Friday: Rest day.

Saturday: Keeping with tradition, I blew off my Saturday workout. Can you tell I'm getting sick of having to work out practically every day of my life?

Sunday: 9 mile run. These long distance weekend runs just keep getting longer! In a way they suck (seriously, who wants to run 9 miles ever?!)  but on the other hand, for the first time I feel confident that I actually can run 13.1 miles. My run yesterday was really good. The weather was FREEZING, but I had a good time. I kept a steady pace and finished in 1:52:57. I would have been even faster but I stopped to drink my goo at mile 3 for about 1 minute, and I had to wait for traffic several times. 



If you'd have asked me a few months ago, I would have said that running 9 miles was insanely impressive. Now that I can do it, I realize that it is really not that hard. It takes a lot of will power to work out 5 or 6 days a week, but if you can set your mind to it, you can definitely do it. In hindsight, I can't believe I ever doubted myself. 

Jesse

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!