Friday, November 22, 2013

A Family Recipe

Happy Friday to all my wonderful readers! Thanksgiving is almost upon us, and this post is for those of you who are still finalizing your menu. It's no secret that I'm not a great cook. My specialties are frozen pizzas and lean cuisines. Oh, and of course I'm excellent at whipping up what the French call "les take out dinners".

I digress.


Having said that, I have a family recipe to share with you guys that even I can make. If I can do it, so can you! This one is tried and true (and delicious!). So without further ado...

 Sweet Poh-Tay-Toe Casserole!!

Ingredients:
4 cups canned mashed sweet poh-tay-toes
1 stick of butter (melted)
1 can evaporated milk
1 1/2 cups of sugar
2 eggs
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Beat poh-tay-toes together with the melted butter. Add the remaining ingredients listed above and mix it all up. Bake in a 9x13 pan at 425 degrees for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and top with the topping (below).

Topping:
1 1/2 sticks of butter (melted) 
1 cup brown sugar
2 cups corn flakes, crushed (put those suckers in a large zip lock bag and roll over them with a rolling pin. Or if you are feeling hostile, beat the crap out of them on your kitchen counters. Whatever works)
1 cup pecans, chopped

Mix all the topping ingredients together and put it on top of your casserole. Put the casserole BACK in the oven for an additional 15 minutes at 400 degrees. Check that bad boy to make sure its not too liquid-y before you take it out. Just pop it back in for another couple minutes if necessary.


Trust me, it's friggin' yummy y'all. Happy meal planning and holiday prepping! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

Jesse

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!