Thursday, August 6, 2015

Chalk Lettering Hack

 In case you are wondering if I've dropped off the face of the earth, the answer is no.  I'm still here!  

And I am hoping to give you guys a run down of the couples shower I hosted last month soon.  Remember that party?  It's the one I created this list for:


The reason for the delay in sharing the party with you is because I was so busy playing hostess that I forgot to take pictures!  So I'm waiting on a friend to email me the photos she has on her camera.  Once I've got them, I'll be sure to share with you :) 

As you can see, I managed to complete most of my checklist in time for the big day.  In case you missed any of it,  here is a recap on the staircase remodel,  the new curtains in my bedroom, and my restyled collage wall

I thought I'd share with you a little project I did for the shower, that made me feel ridiculously talented.  (How I imagine a real DIY blogger must feel).

I created this chalk art of the easel on my front porch! 

 
The break down of how I did this was pretty simple, and required no artistic talent whatsoever.
Step 1: Pick a font you like and print out your words on regular computer paper.
Step 2: Using the side of a piece of chalk, rub all over the backside of the paper.
Step 3: Gently turn the paper over, and place on top of chalk board.  I used a little tape on the corners to hold my paper in place.
Step 4: Using a pen, pencil, or other sharp item, trace the letters carefully.
Step 5: Remove the paper, and you will be able to see a subtle outline of the text.
Step 6: Just fill in the text with chalk and you are done!
 
Simple as pie :)  I used the same technique on the birds too!
I wish I could claim credit for this amazing idea, but that would be violating the laws of creativity, so if you want to know who came up with this idea, hop on over to Blesser House for the original tutorial.

As always, thanks for stopping by.  Hopefully I'll be back soon with all the details of the party.  Have a good one! 
post signature

4 comments:

  1. Yay!! I Was so curious about how you got the letters so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blogs are easily accessible and quite enlightening so keep doing the amazing work guys. Western Union hacked accounts

    ReplyDelete
  3. In the light of the latter, hacking has its advantages to the world of technology and is thus becoming a popular career choice. iphone hackers for hire online

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!