Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Home Improvement Goals Progress Report

Last October I made a list of eight things I felt I could accomplish within the next year.  Read about that here.  I thought it might be useful to do a recap and see where I stand on these projects.  Here we go:

1. Finish framing the half bathroom mirror.  
This project is done! Read about it here.

2. Paint/stain the cabinets in the master and half bathrooms.
This is done too! The half bathroom cabinets are pictured here, but I still haven't shared  the master bathroom with you guys! 

3. Staircase remodel. 
Still haven't started on this one. The more I think about it, the more I want to hire a professional to replace the railings because they really aren't sturdy enough for my peace of mind.  I have visions of somebody leaning on the railing and then crashing down. :(

4.  Hang chandelier in master bedroom.
We'll we did hang the chandelier, just not in the master bathroom! It's new home is in the library!  




5. Paint the kitchen
Done! And I still love our color choice.  

6. Paint the master bathroom
This is sorta done. We did buy a new can of paint and were able to patch that one spot so that it matches the rest of the room, however I still really want to give the entire room a totally new color. We're working on that room right now and thinking of creative and inexpensive ways to spruce it up. I'm hoping to share it with you soon! 

7. Neutralize the gallery wall
Done! See more here


8. Fix the door frame in the upstairs bathroom
This hasn't been touched. It still looks like this:



I guess we got 5 1/2 out of 8 projects done, but it doesn't really feel like we made that much progress because the biggest project (the staircase remodel) is one of the projects we've yet to tackle. In all fairness to us, we did have to deal with the "little" problem of replacing all the plumbing in our home over the summer which put a big hold on all other projects. Suffice it to say, our house was in complete shambles for well over a month due to that project and we still haven't completely put it back together. Replacing all the plumbing in a house is a messy (and expensive) project.   Let's hope I can get the rest of this list checked off soon!

What about you? Did you accomplish all your home improvement goals this year? As always, thanks for stopping by!

Jesse 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!