Thursday, June 12, 2014

The half bathroom gets an overhaul (again)

Do you remember a few months ago when we had "finished" updating our half bathroom? It looked like this:

I'd painted the cabinet a nice grey color, swapped out the light fixture, painted an accent wall blue, framed the mirror, installed a toilet paper holder and generally decorated with some pretty items. 

Well, we had a little leak in our attic which led to this:


Which meant that our "finished" half bathroom needed to be refinished.  So we ripped down the dry wall and exposed our glorious galvanized pipes (ugh). 

Suffering through a leak was almost worth it because now we have at least one room in our house without popcorn ceilings. It may be the smallest room in the entire place, but you gotta start somewhere. 

New drywall was hung...


And then all the walls had to be painted. The walls also had to be painted because when you install a new ceiling, the top parts of the walls get covered in the dry wall mud. I used left over blue paint from our master bedroom because I didn't want to spend money. 

 
Our new ceiling is clean and white and popcorn-free! Love it! I really love the blue on the walls too. This color is called Quiet Moments by Benjamin Moore and its a winner if you are looking for a soft and soothing blue for your home. 

Honestly, seeing the difference a fresh coat of paint made in this room, I am appalled that I ever considered the way it looked before to be acceptable. 

 See what I mean? So much better now. 


  



 
Now all I've got to do is replace the sink/counter top in this room and I think I will officially be finished with it!

Thanks for stopping by!
Jesse

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!