Monday, June 30, 2014

Babies "showered" with love

When I found out my beautiful friend Valerie was pregnant with multiples I knew I had to throw her an amazing baby shower. I had an absolute blast planning and hosting this party and I can't think of a more deserving family of such a special gift.

Since Val is expecting both boys and girls, I wanted the theme to be appropriate for both sexes. In the end, I decided to embrace the "shower" theme, and filled my home with lots of rain drops! Let's start with the invitation, shall we?

I created the invitations (for free!) using picmonkey.com. You'll note for the purposes of this post that I removed the text that had my phone number and address on it, just because I figured it was smarter than spreading all my personal information across the internet :)
 




The favors were bars of soap next to sign that said "From Val's shower to yours..." Cute, right? 

The party took place in the main living space of our home. The living room and dining room were both decked out with flowers, candles, a raindrop photo booth, custom made artwork, and a sweet "celebrate" banner made of pink and blue onesies. The bar was stocked with delicious mimosas (and I was sure to have a "virgin" version for the mom-to-be!). Here is the custom made artwork (again, I used picmonkey.com for all of these) up close:




And here is a close up of the photo booth:
Sorry the photo is blurry, it was super cute in person!



We also played lots of fun games...







And I created sweet prize boxes for the winners of all the games...

Inside the prize boxes were candles, hand soap and sanitizer from Bath & Body Works.

In the kitchen there was food and drinks for everybody to enjoy... 


I forgot to take a picture of the tea until the morning after the party, which is why it doesn't looks so fresh, haha! But I wanted to share with you the labels anyway :)


We had a great turn out, and everybody seemed to enjoy themselves! 





Valerie - I love you girl! I am so so SO glad you are my friend, I don't know what I'd do with out you. You  are a beautiful friend, woman and mother! I can't wait for all the adventures to come with your beautiful babies!!

 

-Jesse

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!