Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Master Bathroom Cabinets

I don't think I've ever shown you guys our master bathroom, but I'm too lazy to go through my old posts to verify that. I'm sure you've all been dying to see it though (not), and guess what?! Today is your lucky day!!! Here it is, in all it's glory. 

Lets be honest. It pretty much sucks. It's just a standard, 1980's bathroom. Although I do like the floors, and the fact that the toilet is in it's own separate little room (a little privacy goes a long way, #ifyaknowhatimsayin); this is actually one of the biggest "problem areas" in our home. It's pretty small and there isn't a ton of counter top space. Also it bugs me that there is no natural light in here either. Also, the shower is kinda cramped and I really really really want dual shower heads. I have grand plans for a major overhaul, but since money is unfortunately a large factor, I've settled for simply painting the cabinets to make the space feel a little more updated for now. This also marks an important milestone... we officially have no more oak cabinets anywhere in our house! We've done the kitchen and all the bathrooms! YAY!!! I feel like that is cause for celebration. SIDE NOTE: For some unknown reason, one of the previous owners (or more likely, one of the previous owner's offspring) spray painted a white line across the middle drawer of these cabinets, which I'm happy to say is finally gone. See picture below:


Goodbye white line and dirty brown spot. I will not miss you. 

Here is the after:



The best part of this make over is that it was free! I just used left over paint from when I redid the cabinets in the half bathroom

So, the bathroom is still cramped, there still isn't any natural light, and I still wish we had more counter top space. It is however, slightly prettier, and our wallets aren't any emptier (is that a word?). I'd say that is a victory, wouldn't you?

Thanks,
Jesse

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!